The Ninth International Student Competition in Structural Optimization
1-15 December 2019
ISCSO 2019 is an international student competition in the field of structural optimization. The idea of ISCSO was born over a decade ago. The main aim is to organize an annual online competition to encourage students to solve engineering optimization problems. To this end, a structure and a set of design rules are specified and the participants are asked to optimize the design of the structure within a specific period of time. The participant with the lightest feasible design wins the competition and prize money that is sponsored by MİTAŞ Industry. From humble beginnings, ISCSO has now had hundreds of participants from over 30 countries, and winning teams from leading international universities. The competition is organized and judged by scientific committee members from different universities all around the world. Interested students from all academic disciplines are strongly recommended to take part in ISCSO 2019.
- Theme: Design Optimization of Truss Structures
- Competition Format: Internet Based
- Eligible Participants: Students Worldwide
- One Non-Student Member is Allowed for Team Registrations.
- Registration: Free
- Registration Deadline: 30 November 2019
- Announcement of the Problem: 1 December 2019
- Submission Deadline: 10 December 2019
- Announcement of the Winner: 15 December 2019
- Prize: 1000 Euros
- Programming Languages: MATLAB
- What Should be Submitted? : Code + Optimization Result + Description of the Approach